Technological tools and their potential use in the educational sector
As part of the DEL4ALL video interview series, we discuss possible technological tools and practices that can be used in educational settings with Glib Konotop, the Business Development Director at Unicsoft, an IT solutions firm delivering AI and Blockchain solutions to drive business outcomes for startups and enterprises.
About the Interview
In this interview, Glib explains how Unicsoft technologies can be adapted to learning settings by:
- Describing use cases and best practices that can help the DEL4ALL community, and
- Recommending solutions to support the area of digital enhanced learning
- The use of Blockchain and Hyperledger for building smart contracts and supporting supply chain management
- The emergence of AI and Machine Learning (ML) for predictive- and diagnostic analyses
- How AI and ML are being used for natural language processing, such as AI-based chatbots or computer vision to recognise different objects using special camera systems
- Cameras deployed with a machine-learning algorithm can recognise cheating during examinations
- The deployment of ML to recommend students with the best sources based on their interests
- Targeted adverts based on the student’s professional interest may suggest more relevant literature, saving the student time on unproductive literature searches
- How speech recognition was deployed to create a system such as the Amazon-based “Alexa” for the learning industry, helping students supplement learning with videos and other learning contexts in chosen topics
- The use of AI for the automatization of repetitive tasks, such as test correction for educators
- How AI can facilitated the transfer of written lectures to digital format and unable it to be delivered by the 3D model of the lecturer
Watch the Video
Watch Glib Konotop discuss technological tools that have the potential to revolutionise the educational sector in the near future.
Other interviews to watch
- Analysing learning management systems during Covid-19 with Dr. Paul Comyn
- Affordable technologies for the public good with Klaus Conrad
Join the DEL4ALL community
Contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to join the DEL4ALL expert community and contribute to research on how emerging technologies may transform the future of education for the public good.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 871573.