Analysing learning management systems during Covid-19
As part of the DEL4ALL project, we are completing an interview series with digital education experts. The project aims to transform current European research and innovation initiatives into an increasingly cohesive, dynamic, participatory, and sustainable ecosystem. One of the main outcomes of DEL4ALL is to effectively stimulate collaboration among all key players in the area of digital enhanced learning.
About the Interview
In this interview, Dr. Paul Comyn, Senior Skills & Employability Specialist at International Labour Organization (ILO), analyses the learning management systems during COVID-19 and discusses:
- The growing interest in the digitalisation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and skill systems in learning, training delivery, assessment, certification, learning management systems, quality assurance, accreditation systems, digitalisation of workflows, and other regulatory functions.
- The issues in recognition and validation of qualification frameworks on blockchain systems, including badges, micro certification, formal and informal learning outcomes.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the labour market and its implication on skills development, assessment of skill needs, and alternate sources of data.
- The demand and requirement for virtual internships.
- To bridge that gap between the skills development of the education system and the labour market, technical resources, such as AR, VR, and other technologies, are needed.
- There is a mismatch in skills provided by education and training systems and the actual skills that are anticipated by the labour market.
- Basic digital literacy skills are critical and need to be improved.
- Implications of COVID-19 include budgetary reductions in staff training, work-based learning, internships, and apprenticeships.
Watch the Video
Watch Dr. Paul Comyn analyse the learning management systems, the digitalisation of learning, assessments, and other regulatory functions during COVID-19 in this DEL4ALL interview with 3CL’s Director Dr. Alex Grech.
Join the DEL4ALL expert community
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join the DEL4ALL expert community and contribute to research on how emerging technologies may transform the future of education for the public good.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 871573.