An Inclusive EdTech ecosystem for the 21st Century
About the Interview
Märt is the co-writer of the “Inclusive EdTech ecosystem for the 21st Century” report which proposes an EdTech ecosystem that may enable communities to propose solutions to challenges in their local context. While designing the concept Märt used a learner-centric approach to understand how all learners can reach the best learning outcomes by leveraging the technological possibilities we already have at hand.
- Education development remains subject to scalability and sustainability challenges.
- Scalability will ensure that local education development ideas solving a specific challenge can be considered by others around the world.
- Sustainability is essential if developers are to implement solutions and secure adequate financial returns from their investment.
- The report proposes ideas that may empower individuals to further develop the education system.
The education sector is only 2% digitized despite the current COVID-19 pandemic due to the lack of the supporting ecosystem.
- A common challenge identified by innovators is the lack of appropriate infrastructure in the proprietary education ecosystem (from schools to higher education institutions) that may encourage investment by third parties in educational innovation.
- Blockchain solutions can help personal micro-learnings to be validated.
- Personalisation of education and adaptive learning is vital for the success of education achievements by learners.
- AI and machine learning (ML) solutions can recognise tools and methodologies to help educators and learners in their education journey by creating a learning assistant.
- Microservices-based architecture can play an important role in creating new innovations.
Watch the Video
Watch Märt Aro explaining key factors and possible emerging technologies for education development.
Other interviews to watch
Technological tools and their potential use in the educational sector with Glib Konotop
Analysing learning management systems during Covid-19 with Dr. Paul Comyn
Affordable technologies for the public good with Klaus Conrad
Join the DEL4ALL community
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join the DEL4ALL expert community and contribute to research on how emerging technologies may transform the future of education for the public good.