8. Media Reinvented Online: News
Dr Emma Pauncefort offers her second snapshot of how online media has reinvented offline media. C18th Europe again provides important context; in this instance, the publication of The Daily Courant in 1702 and its ambition to develop a relationship of trust between writer and reader through indicating the source of news items and abstaining from personal opinion. This snapshot finishes with a reflection on the shifting arenas of news consumption for different demographics and how our desire to get real-time updates and consume at speed has impacted the redaction of the news.
Other videos in Module 2:
- Introducing the Digital & Literacy
- What is our Digital World?
- What does our Digital World contain?
- A lot of Information (or is that data?)
- Media Reinvented Online: Wikipedia and the Reference Resource
- Media Invented Online: Social Media
- Introducing the Concept Digital Literacy
- Digital Literacy (the theory)
- Digital Literacy (in practice)
- Opportunities and Challenges: Digital Literacy and Society
- Opportunities and Challenges as Creators, Consumers, Teachers & Learners