6. A lot of Information (or is that data?)
This video offers a whistle-stop tour of the difference between information and data, with an introduction to bits and bytes. Dr Pauncefort concludes with an attempt to emphasise just how much stuff can be found online (spoiler: we don’t know!).
Other videos in Module 2:
- Introducing the Digital & Literacy
- What is our Digital World?
- What does our Digital World contain?
- Media Reinvented Online: Wikipedia and the Reference Resource
- Media Reinvented Online: News
- Media Invented Online: Social Media
- Introducing the Concept Digital Literacy
- Digital Literacy (the theory)
- Digital Literacy (in practice)
- Opportunities and Challenges: Digital Literacy and Society
- Opportunities and Challenges as Creators, Consumers, Teachers & Learners