10. Introducing the Concept Digital Literacy
With reference to the digital native / digital immigrant debate sparked by Marc Prensky in 2001, this video introduces an attempt to offer a working outline of ‘digital literacy’ which will allow us to navigate the opportunities and challenges posed by the digital world.
Other videos in Module 2:
- Introducing the Digital & Literacy
- What is our Digital World?
- What does our Digital World contain?
- A lot of Information (or is that data?)
- Media Reinvented Online: Wikipedia and the Reference Resource
- Media Reinvented Online: News
- Media Invented Online: Social Media
- Digital Literacy (the theory)
- Digital Literacy (in practice)
- Opportunities and Challenges: Digital Literacy and Society
- Opportunities and Challenges as Creators, Consumers, Teachers & Learners