7 August, 2017
The latest issue of the Commonwealth of Learning’s open access publication – the Journal of Learning for Development (JL4D) – is available online. It provides a forum for the publication of research with a focus on innovation in learning and its contribution to sustainable development.
JL4D publishes research articles, book reviews and reports from the field from researchers, scholars and practitioners, and seeks to engage a broad audience across that spectrum. It aims to encourage contributors starting their careers, as well as to publish the work of established and senior scholars from the Commonwealth and beyond.
We are pleased to share COL’s latest issue of JL4D (Vol 4, No 2 (2017); see contents below. Click here to read or download the full issue.
- Leaders in Distance Education on the African Continent [Paul Prinsloo]
- Leaders in Open and Distance Education in North America [Mohamed Ally]
- MOOC Adaptation and Translation to Improve Equity in Participation [Freda Wolfenden, Simon Cross, Fiona Henry]
- Designing Reflective Practice in the Context of OER-based e-Learning [Shironica Priyanthi Karunanayaka, Som Naidu, J.C.N. Rajendra, H. U. W. Ratnayake]
- Improving the Quality of Basic Education Through the Use of Gender-sensitive Student Councils: Experience of Six Selected Districts in Tanzania [Godfrey Magoti Mnubi]
- Understanding the Profile, Motivations and Current Status of Academic Graduates through Open and Distance Schooling in India [Jyotsna Jha, Neha Ghatak, Shreekanth Mahendiran]
- MOOCifying Courses: Delivery of a MOOC to Enhance University Course Activities [Nathaniel Ostashewski, Jennifer Howell, Jon Dron]
- Pre-Service Teachers’ Self-Efficacy Beliefs Towards Educational Technologies Integration in Tanzania [Christina Raphael, Joel S. Mtebe]
- Building an Efficient and Effective Test Management System in an ODL Institution [Safiah Md Yusof, Tick Meng Lim, Leo Png, Zainuriyah Abd Khatab, Harvinder Kaur Dharam Singh]
- Use of Tablet Computers to Improve Access to Education in a Remote Location [Mohamed Ally, Venkataraman Balaji, Anwar Abdelbaki, Ricky Cheng]
- Mediated Authentic Video: A Flexible Tool Supporting a Developmental Approach to Teacher Education [Kris Stutchbury, Clare Woodward]
Click here to read or download the full issue.